17.3.11

He Collects Black Markers...


Allister Lee, operator of Toronto based creative studio Studio B.I.B has a side project going other than consulting, branding and graphic design for large businesses. He has been building possibly the largest collection of black markers in the world.


Not only this, but he is illustrating each marker to scale in his collection, creating an extensive catalogue of Black markers known as the Black Marker B.I.B.L.E.



In an interview with design milk, he stated:
"My goal is to reach 1000 black markers. I’d like to present a nice exhibition of both the marker drawings and the markers themselves, and be presented with an official Guinness Book World Record at the exhibition opening."



Having seen the attention to detail and dedication he has applied to this collection, I can only assume that there is a level of obsession set into this task - we've all been there at some point. 

*I once illustrated the entire Terminator movie, scene for scene, into a comic book when I was about 13 or 14. For some reason I got right up to the last scene and decided to give up. 
Thicker than a loaf of bread it was!*



You can purchase poster of this work here.

No comments: